Neck pain after sleeping is a symptoms of disorders in the nervous tissue, muscles and bone structure. The reason may be an uncomfortable position during sleep, low back pain, problems with the blood supply and infection. Treatment in these cases is prescribed by a doctor, but you should first find out the cause of the discomfort.
The cause of the pain
Pain in the neck in the morning arise due to the following factors:
- Improper posture at night. It is the most common prerequisite for the emergence of discomfort in the morning. So sleep was uncomfortable, unnatural, the patient was lying, it broke blood circulation. The character of the pain: cramping, dull.
- The inflammatory process. When inflammation and swelling muscle tissue presses on nerve endings, causing pain. But not always ache because of sore muscles, the cause is inflammation of the nerves.
- Infection. Disease infectious nature also provoke discomfort and soreness. In this case, you must correctly diagnose the disease and to eliminate its source by using medications prescribed by a doctor.
- Oncology. A prerequisite for the onset of pain can be a malignant neoplasm in the cervical spine of the patient. With the growth of the tumor puts pressure on the soft tissues, nerve endings. All of this leads to pain.
- If a sore neck after sleeping, the cause often problems with the blood circulation. They also cause pain. The symptoms are usually correlated with abnormalities of the nervous system. The pain in this case is sold not only in the cervical region and affects the head, shoulder girdle, gives to his feet. Rarely vessels under the influence of pressure on the blood vessels there is an infringement of blood supply of the neck. Then in the morning the patient swollen muscles, increasing their tension and tone.
All the causes of pain in the cervical spine are divided into internal and external factors. But if the pain occurs intermittently and recurs, then the patient should consult a physician for diagnosis and inspection.
Due to the fact that the tenderness of the cervical occurs for various reasons, doctors use different treatment methods.
To find out why a sore neck after sleeping, it is important to consult a doctor, because only with the help of professionals, you can identify the cause of the disease and to cure the disease. The patient undergoes the necessary tests (blood, MRI, etc.). After diagnosis you should go to treatment.
- If the patient has pathology of the spine, the treatment is medicines or a course of physiotherapy. Medications that are used to treat, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. They remove the swelling of soft tissues, relieves pain in the neck. As physical therapy used for massage therapy, physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture treatment. They improve blood circulation and restores metabolic processes.
- In various pathologies of the spine well help the individual systems of gymnastics developed by the instructor in physical therapy or physician.
- In Oncology, doctors use medicines to relieve pain. After this treatment, doing chemotherapy or surgery. If the disease doctor found the cancer at an early stage, after surgery and chemotherapy less probability of development of metastases in the body.
- In the absence of diseases and pathologies should pay attention to the size and stiffness of the pillow. Sleeping on the pillow should be comfortable, should not cause pain in the cervical region in the morning. The level of the spine and head should be the same. The spine or head should not droop, to take an unnatural position or to bend. If the pillow is picked up incorrectly, perejimautsa arteries and blood vessels, which causes a pinched vessels, causing swelling. Broken blood circulation, all this leads to diseases of the spine.
What to do when pain arises? If you have no diseases and serious chronic diseases, it is possible to use these methods for quick relief when the pain arising in the morning.
- Remember that the weight of your head about 9 pounds, so the muscles of the neck it is important to relax. In his spare time should be more comfortable to lie down on the pillow.
- Ice packs can be used to eliminate the pain. Important: the application of ice to the affected areas sometimes provokes aggravation of problems. When it hurts more and more, the ice is removed.
- The neck can be a little self-massage without any sudden movements.
- Imposing a warm, moist towels. Towel heated in the microwave oven. This procedure improves blood flow to the tissues. The greatest efficiency in a compress for pain and spasms. You cannot use this method with increasing temperature. If worse, the compress is removed.
- For fast pain relief use aspirin, acetaminophen or ibuprofen. How to take medications, written instructions for use.
- Stretch your neck muscles, before doing this take a hot shower or warm cloth hot towel.
A set of exercises
- When it begins to hurt the neck after a NAP, sit on a chair, you need to straighten your back, straighten your shoulders and keep your head straight. Need to strain your neck muscles, through resistance to tilt your head forward, backward and sideways. Keep the voltage of 6-7 seconds on the inhale, hold your breath and relax for 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise 5-6 times.
- Sit on a chair, take a breath and push the back of his head with his hands. You need to stretch the muscles so that it is resistance. The head should not fall. Stays in this position for 7 seconds. Exhale, relax. The exercise is repeated 5 times.
- Inhale, pressing hands to the head so that there is resistance, relax, rest 7-10 seconds. Changing the direction of pressure. Repeat five times on each side.
- Performed tilts forward and back, shake on the back of his head, pressing his chin to his chest. Then put his hands on the neck and through the resistance to tilt your head back. Do 5 tilts forward and back 5 times. Between the slopes relax for 10 seconds.
- Inhale and turn your head to the left side, you need to strain your muscles. Keeping your eye on the direction of rotation. Exhale and relax for eight seconds. Turn the head to each side 5 times.
- Laid his head on his chest, we need to relax the muscles of the neck. Doing head movements like a pendulum, gradually lowering the head hold out to the clavicula. Number of exercises: 8-10.
- Relax and tilt your neck. Make a motion similar to a pendulum gently hold out to head to his shoulders. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Drop the shoulders, breathe in and pull the top upwards, stretching the neck. Make head turns to the left and right side. Do the stretches 5-6 times.