Pain in the back - the problem is widespread and urgent. Throughout life, intermittent pain occurs in 75-85% of the population, regardless of gender. Most often, the episode is transient not require specialized therapy, but in 4-5% of cases the pain syndrome may indicate a dangerous illness. When it hurts the right side from the back, it is recommended to immediately seek medical assistance - this will help to avoid serious complications and preserve health.
Sore right side from the back - the main causes
Pain in right side - an unpleasant symptom that always indicates a violation of the functioning of the body, so to ignore it is unwise. If it hurts on the right side from behind, it can signal about diseases of the biliary tract, ureter and right kidney, head of pancreas, liver, female reproductive system.
- Cardiovascular disease:
Disorders of the digestive system:
- pericarditis. Accompanied by pain of varying intensity, gradually increasing at the shoulder and the neck;
- small focal infarction of posterior wall infarction, angina pectoris;
- aneurysm of the aorta. Pain syndrome moderate/severe, alternates with "cross" in the chest and left shoulder.
Pathology of the musculoskeletal system:
- acute cholecystitis. Is pain in right side of back radiating to the chest, the right half of the sternum, right shoulder, which occurs on the background of fever, nausea, vomiting;
- acute pancreatitis. Characterized by sudden pain in the epigastrium, distributed in zone of shoulder girdle, chest, heart.
Diseases of the respiratory system:
- lumbar degenerative disc disease. Back pain burning, which causes temporary immobility in the lumbar region. Increases with sneezing, coughing, uncomfortable position;
- osteomyelitis. Pulling manifests itself with pain in the right side, which indicates the presence of purulent-necrotic lesion;
- injury to the lower spine, inflammatory/degenerative processes in the lower back;
- malignant neoplasm/benign;
- stretching back muscles. Cause: sudden movements, heavy lifting, bad fall, bad posture, overweight. Typical symptoms: pain in the lower back to the right, stiffness, inability to bend freely.
Diseases of the spinal cord/peripheral nervous system. The pain of the projection which has a distal distribution. The most common cause of pinching of the sciatic nerve (sciatica), which provoke the appearance of severe pain in the right side on the back, often radiating to the legs.
- pneumonia (RH). Is characterized by mild pain on the right back above the waist, which increases during cough and deep breathing, combined with the wheezing in the lungs, cough, fever;
- cancer of the lungs/bronchi. The intensity of pain in the right side directly depends on the localization and location of the tumor.
Pain right side of back above waist
The most likely causes in women - abnormalities in the gynecological area (the dysfunction of the right ovary, tumor), in men the initial stage of prostatitis. If it hurts the right side and lower back, this may indicate hepatomegaly, pyelonephritis or strong impact.
Sore right side from the back - the intensity and character of pain:
- spasm. Caused by contraction of the muscles of hollow organs (gallbladder, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, bladder);
- increasing. Indicates the presence of inflammation;
- that shoot. There are problems with the nervous system/spinal cord;
- constant. Indicates the stretching membrane of the parenchymal structures (kidneys, lungs, pancreas, liver);
- sharp. Signals the rupture of the organ education, internal bleeding, occlusion of blood vessels;
- aching, dull, pulling, short, long.
Sore right side from the back - when you need emergency assistance:
- sudden, burning, does not respond to analgesics pain in the right side;
- sharp pain under the ribs;
- sharp pain right at the back that is accompanied by dizziness, General weakness, loss of consciousness.
If you are constantly sore right side from the back, you should consult with a doctor to establish the true cause of this condition. Depending on the characteristics of the pain may require an examination by particular specialists: traumatologist, urologist, gynecologist, surgeon, nephrologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist.